Sunday, July 26, 2009

Garden VIPs

Today the garden had some very important visitors.

My brother, Femi and sister, Rachel,
and my parents, Lynda and Rod.

They journeyed here from Indiana to spend a weekend with me at the lake house of some good friends on Lake Erie. On Friday we went to Fort George, and on Saturday we visited Niagara Falls and took a ride on the Maid of the Mist (or perhaps Maid of the Deluge would be more accurate, as my father pointed out). I've talked to them so much about this garden that they decided to take a little detour on their way home to check it out (and eat some delicious Ethiopian at AM Africa). But this is not "my" blog (although I have noticed that I'm the most avid blogger among our gardening group), so if you're interested in my family time you can read my personal blog www.mimihj.blogspot.com

Along with important visitors, some new new citizens have arrived in our garden as well:

Madame La Courgette Verte
Mademoiselle La Petite Courgette Jaune
Señor brécol

We at Groovy Roots KW are thrilled to have these new friends with us and are looking forward to having them for dinner quite soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment