the gardening shenanigans of a few ex-grebelites (and a couple of converts)
Thursday, May 7, 2009
things we discussed in our first meeting:
- buying some starter plants and seeds during the next week (may 9th is a sale at john's church)
- having a big planting day on may 15 (if we're going in the evening should we find a car?.... i really don't think its a great idea for people to be biking down country roads at night..., and possibly the morning on may 16th).
-having a google spread sheet to document what people spent so every month or a few times during the summer we can square up expenses
- aim to keep costs well under $50 a person.
- if we have too many vegetables give them away to neighbors, at the SLC, or to food not bombs.
- attend the 100 mile diet event! and learn how to can! (info below... not sure of location... i'll call and check).
100 mile diet - FREE Information event
Tuesday, May 26, 2009. 7-9 pm
Join us for an Eating Local presentation by Marc Xuereb, Public Health Planner at the Region of Waterloo! Meet local growers! Learn about CSAs! Collect resources! Source local foods! Find out what you need to know to meet the 100 mile challenge!
We are a group of twenty-somethings learning how to garden in our 20x80 square foot plot in Kitchener. Alot of us used to live in the same residence, which emphasized community building, learning together, and naming everything! We aren't going to name all of our plants....but we hope you like our name and learn something from our blog, and find our reports useful, informative or at the very least, entertaining!